A senior al-Jazeera executive is in the UK to demand publication of a memo in which George Bush allegedly discusses bombing the TV station’s HQ.
Wadah Khanfar, al-Jazeera’s director general, is hoping to meet UK government officials to press its case.
My guess is that the British Media will eventually leak the memo. They had it, probably still have copies of it and are only being restrained from releasing it by threats from the Blair Government. Since there are tons of former BBC tech staff at Al Jazeera (watch Control Room, ‘k?) someone is going to turn up with it.
Here’s my guess about how the pushback from DC will develop (Now with Talking Points Kung-Fu Grip!):
1. Preznit was joking. (When that falls apart, they will resort to-)
2. Well, even if he did mean it, we didn’t actually kill anyone.
3. Oh, we did? Accident. Unrelated. Nothing to see here.
4. Look, I don’t know why you people are still talking about this. Continuing to do so will harm our precious image in the middle east and encourage the terr’ists. Shut up.
5. Are you still talking about that? That was months ago. Nothing came of it. You hysterical moonbats clearly don’t realize that there’s a war on. Traitors.
Step six will happen thirty years from now, and hopefully we’ll get a hanging judge.